Give the Gift of Dance on Giving Tuesday!
Unleash the Power of Dance for Wichita’s Youth
At Ballet Wichita, we believe that dance is a transformative art form that should be accessible to everyone, regardless of their background. This Giving Tuesday, we invite you to be part of our mission to empower Wichita’s youth through the beauty of dance.
For nearly five decades, Ballet Wichita has been a cornerstone of the Wichita arts community, enriching lives through exceptional performances and educational opportunities. As we approach our 50th anniversary in 2024, our commitment to promoting dance for all remains unwavering.
The “Chance to Dance” Program
WHAT IS “CHANCE TO DANCE”?
“Chance to Dance” is a curriculum-informed dance and movement program designed to offer elementary-aged students an avenue for developing physical intelligence and soft skills. These skills include leadership, teamwork, communication, problem-solving, adaptability, and interpersonal intelligence. We believe that dance is more than just movement; it’s a creative, fun environment where children can learn and grow.
WHY DANCE MATTERS FOR OUR YOUTH
• Develops physical, social, and emotional skills to help kids reach their full potential.
• Reinforces the work of the classroom teacher through a unique lens.
• Benefits learning, brain development, and emotional well-being.
• Offers a safe space to learn resilience through failures and successes.
• Improves overall health and quality of life.
• Instills an appreciation of the arts.
HOW “CHANCE TO DANCE” WORKS
1. Our teaching artists, trained in the curriculum by Ballet Wichita Artistic Director, David Justin, lead the
2. The interactive dance and movement curriculum is taught in after-school programs for 4 to 6 weeks.
3. Teachers are invited to participate alongside students to continue incorporating the plan through other
4. Students and teachers receive a printed curriculum to build on the skills learned.
5. WSU teaching artists identify students for further dance study and provide scholarships for their
continued dance education.
HOW CHANCE TO DANCE HAS INFLUENCED OUR YOUTH
• Peyton: “Dancing at Ballet Wichita provides a safe space to grow in my abilities and allows me to
cultivate and explore my passion.”
• Evan: “My male teachers have shown me that I can be a successful boy ballet dancer. I think everybody
should give dance a try in their lives.”
• Emma: “Ballet Wichita is a place that always makes me feel included.”
Giving Tuesday: Make a Difference through Dance
This Giving Tuesday, we invite you to join us in bringing the magic of dance to Wichita’s youth. Your donations to the “Chance to Dance” program will expose children to the beauty of dance and equip them with essential life skills in a creative and fun environment.
Your support will help us expand the program into more elementary schools and touch the lives of even
more young dancers. Let’s dance into a brighter future together!