Enrollment & Registration:
All students must fill out the contact and registration form online.
Students can enroll at any time during the semester.
If minimum enrollment is not met in a semester, the level will not be offered.
Level 1 students are required to take a minimum of one (1) Fundamental Technique class each week.
Payment due by the first of the month.
Monthly membership allows students to take unlimited classes at their level.
Monthly membership rates are not prorated.
Level 1: $150/month
Level 2: $200/month
Level 3: $200/month
**Payments made after the 5th of the month incur a late fee of $25
Students who do NOT choose to purchase the monthly membership may purchase a non-refundable punch card for 10 classes at $150. Punch cards expire at the end of each semester (Spring, Summer, Fall). Punch cards will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Punch cards should be treated like cash.
Students may pay a drop-in fee of $20/class. (must be registered online to take classes)
Drop in classes can be paid online.
• Level 1 Ballet: Leotards. Tights. Socks (no grip socks because the curriculum works with low resistance sliding across the floor). Hair Secured. Ballet Shoes for split level classes.
• Level 2 Ballet: Leotards and Tights, (no mandated color or style). Ballet Shoes. Hair Secured in a Ballet Bun.
• Level 3 Ballet: Leotards and Tights, (no mandated color or style). Ballet Shoes. Hair Secured in a Ballet Bun. Pointe shoes may be worn at the discretion of the instructor and dancer.
• Adult: Ballet or Athletic Clothes. Ballet Shoes or Socks (no grip).
• Fundamental Technique: Ballet or Athletic Clothes. Socks (no grip). No Leotard or Tights required.
• Strength & Balance: Ballet or Athletic Clothes. Socks (no grip socks) or Ballet Shoes. No leotard or tights required.
Additional Items for Strength & Balance:
• Students are required to bring a yoga mat or beach towel for the first part of Strength & Balance.
• Thera Bands will be provided for students. If a set of Thera Bands is lost, the replacement cost to the student is $20.
What to expect and do once I arrive for class:
Students may warm up in the front studio prior to class.
What to do once class is finished:
Exit the studio as quickly and quietly as possible.
Arrival & Dismissal Procedures:
To ensure the safety of our students and avoid parking lot chaos, please do NOT wait in your car for students at the front entrance, blocking traffic.
• Students under the age of 10 must be escorted into the building.
• Students 11 and older may be dropped off in front of the building, please wait until the student has entered the building before pulling away. Drop offs are limited to 30 seconds.
• All students must be picked up inside of the building unless the student provided their own transportation to the studio. Parents/Guardians must park their vehicle in the parking lot.
• Parking spaces directly in front of the building are reserved for BW staff.
Doors Open: The doors to the studio will be unlocked 30 minutes prior to the start of class.
Doors Close: The doors to the studio will lock 10 minutes following the last class. Students must be picked up promptly as supervision is not provided.
Parents/Guardians are welcome to observe class if they are seated BEFORE class begins. Parents/Guardians with children under the age of 18 or who do not wish to observe are asked to wait in the lobby. Observers in the studio are limited to 10 per class, on a first come/first serve basis.
Lobby & Front Door:
Respect fellow students and parents when waiting in the lobby. Due to the layout of the building, voices carry and a quiet atmosphere in the lobby is appreciated in the studios.
For the safety of our students, the front doors may be locked during classes. If you arrive and the door is locked, please wait patiently for someone to open the door.
Please keep your child at home under the following conditions:
• If your child has a temperature of 100 degrees or higher, please keep your child home until he/she is fever free without the use of fever reducing medication for at least 24 hours. Sending your child to class with a fever exposes his/her fellow students and instructor to illness.
• If your child vomits or has diarrhea in the 12 hours before class, please keep your child home.
• If your child has nasal drainage that is green or yellow consistently throughout the day, your child should see a physician for a possible infection and should not attend class.
• If your child is recovering from surgery or other type of procedure that requires pain medication stronger than Tylenol or Advil (such as a narcotic), your child should not be at class.
• If your child is too ill to go outside for outdoor activities or to the gym for play, please keep your child at home.
Photography and/or Videography of any portion of the class is prohibited, unless authorized by the instructor or Artistic Director. Publication of authorized recordings on any platform is prohibited unless explicit written authorization is given by the Artistic Director. Failure to follow this policy is subject to dismissal from class.
Ballet Wichita will follow the USD259 cancellation weather condition policy.
Communication with Instructors:
The instructors have a very tight schedule and are not able to meet with parents or students individually before, during or after classes. Please respect the instructor’s private time and do not contact them on their personal phone, email or social media accounts. If you have a question for an instructor, please email at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.